Friday 13 April 2007

Dash


At the beginning of the my course I did an older Dash in flash (no "rhyme" intended) run cycle. I did the above sketch the other week because I heard Pixar are making a Toy Story 3, TOY STORY 3??!!!! WHY?? I'd prefer and Incredibles 2. Everyones older, Violet engaged, Jack Jack learning his powers, Dash at Uni, Frozone with his first daughter or son (Ok, that might sound corny but I'm no writer). I think you could do more with the Incredibles than another Toy Story, then again, Pixar haven't messed up yet right. Lets see how it goes. Didn't wanna post old animation but what the hell. Check below.

And Again....
Wes

Ps: As usual, there's a lot I'd change about this. I'm gonna do another run in flash using symbols, same amount of frames, different character.




The Dash on Vimeo

6 comments:

messytimbo said...

i remember this. man!, you've improved.

not that this is bad, but i know you would try and do something more complex these days.

you did a little ninja kid as well, if i remember correctly. where's that little guy?

John said...

You are incredible!!!! That dash is awsome! That pic of Peter Parker and the Symbiote costume was great!And I agree on the toy story three thing, I'm going to give it a chance. Oh by the way they have an incredibles 2 video game but not an incredibles 2 movie. How lame is that? And i think you should consider writing to pixar about your incredibles 2 ideas. Keep animating!

From John

PS: i remembered who bruce lee was

pps: sorry 4 the wiked long comment

ppps: Sorry 4 not putting all of the ps's in one ps.

pppps: bye! (for real)

Daniel M.C. Alvite said...

yeah I completaly agree with,,,what for toy st+oruy 3,,,is this crazy,,,i´d rather to see nemo 2,,,sorry...
hey,,,pleasse let me see the mosquito....come on,,,hihihi

Daniel M.C. Alvite said...

wes....i was having a proper look to the frames, and i think that in drawing 3 and 4 the left arm should be straight and not folded like that,,,just to get more idea of a briken joint, no need to break the joint but just a bit of drag the hand,,,,dunno,,,just my impression...

Anonymous said...

Hey! Since you're into drawing and animation you might want to check out http://hrpufnstuf.blogspot.com/ I don't know if you know what HR Pufnstuf is but this guy's drawings are pretty neat also http://ewight.blogspot.com/ is pretty cool, he drew the Atomic County comics for The OC as well as lots of other things

dancing platypuss said...

WOW ..so cool man ... i dont like the long hait very much but the guy is very "dashy"...any thoughts on the other characters?